I am in business of making good guitarists. I have a systematic and thorough plan for all students to acquire the concepts and skills needed to be a good musician while fostering creativity. It is challenging and goal-oriented yet achievable with your commitment.
Things to work towards:
- Technique: fingerstyle, pick
- Fretboard fundamentals and rudiments: scales, chords, arpeggios, intervals
- Patterns: melodic, rhythmic, sequence, harmonic
- Tunes: solo pieces, melodies, song accompaniment styles
- Finger memory: independence, strength, accuracy & coordination, speed, flow
- Theory & musicianship: reading notation, chord symbols, transposing, arranging, improvisation
- Communicate/express thoughts & emotions behind the music: dynamics, tempo
- Lessons are fifty minutes long. House-calls are forty-minutes in length.
- The fee is $50 per lesson, paid in advance.
- Day of cancellations cannot be made up.
- Cancellations with forty-eight hour notice made be made up or credited back to your account
- Weekly lessons are the norm.
- Fall Semester is fifteen lessons (one a week) and runs September through December, keeping a regular day and time through out.
- Spring Semester is fifteen lessons (one a week) and runs January through May, keeping a regular day and time through out.
- Summer Session can go from June through August, however you are not locked in, so there is fleibility in the frequency and day or time of the lessons.
- The total cost for a Fall or Spring Semester is $750.00.
- The total cost for summer depends on the number of lessons planned.